Meerkat On the LookOUT

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Goodbye ARC...
Broadband wireless access (BWA) teammates for 2 years
Mobile web service (MWS) workmates


Fixed mobile convergence (FMC) workmates

another few more colleagues...
Finally, I said goodbye to BT ARC on Friday, 8th Sept 2006. I worked for this BT Asian Research Centre (ARC) for 2 years and a week. I joined ARC upon my graduation on 2nd August 2004. I remember there were only less than 15 researchers and today they’ve got like 50 people working there. In fact, I enjoyed working in ARC. I met fantastic Drs and experienced researchers who are willing to share their knowledge and skills. I considered myself really blessed. The main reason I joined ARC in the first place was to ‘taste’ what’s research all about. In ARC, I was given the opportunities to carry out research and working together with experienced researchers. Thank God for this opportunity. I was required to involve in technical and business report write-up, experiments, software codings, etc. Basically, what I really enjoyed for the last two years was the traveling. We carried out research by understand a new technologies, finding the limitations of the current technologies, and make improvement. After the results are obtained, we write papers and submit to conference. If we can get our paper in, then we get to travel. Personally, I really enjoy traveling (to visit new places) and allowing myself to know more people (eg. Profs, researchers, industrialist, etc) who share the same research interests as me. Therefore, we are trained to write papers and once the paper gets accepted, we get to attend the conference and share our results with others in the conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home