Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Packing up and leaving...

Sigh...it's never easy when it comes to packing. In fact, i've moved in and out for 6 times through out the period of my stay in KL for the last 7 years. I'm sooooooooo sick of moving. Before i move into a new place, i start to pack and go into a new place. Upon reaching the new place, i start to unpack my stuff again. God has been really good to me, He always sends friends to help me out.
Time flies, i'm leaving for London on Monday. I started to do my packing two days back. I manage to pack my clothes and winter clothings. After one hour of putting my clothes into the luggage bag, i felt tired and i took half an hour nap. Phew...one item done! checked! Today, i tried to pack my toiletries and i brought my books out. After one hour, i think i need to bring another small luggage bag with me. Before that, i thought one big suitcase is enough. Ops...i'm not gonna travel with such a big bag when i get there. No way!!! Alright, i'll bring another small suitcase. According to the uni pick-up service, 'students with more than two suitcase will wait for the next pick-up service'. I'm bringing one big suitcase and one small suitcase (so that i can use it next time when i travel around Europe, prayerfully, i have enough pounds to travel) and my favourite backpack that i keep my laptop and travel documents. I think i should be able to handle that by myself when i touch down in London. One backpack and i've got two hands, i don't see any problem of pulling two suitcases using both my hands respectively. Am i right?
Personally, i think i've done most of the things that i need to do. Visiting relatives and closed friends is one of the most important item on my TO-DO list. Courtesy is very important in chinese culture. Since lil, mama always reminds me to remember what people have done in your life. Yea..i always remember that even though i don't express it. One very simple principle that i have...i appreciate people that i come across in my life. I said goodbye to most of my friends in KL, except Yen joon & Pui wan that i couldn't get to meet them before i left and Vanessa, who was too busy to meet me. Another one, Hweei min's dad, i didn't manage to say goodbye to her dad. Sigh..but i've done my best to say goodbye to most of my friends in KL. I miss FMC churchmates dearly despite the fact that i'm still in malaysia. i've been back in penang for about a week, i managed to visit most of my relatives and the most important thing is spending time with my dearest Mama. Today is friday and i plan to meet up with my gal friend who's back from US, can't wait to see her on saturday, and another few very closed gal friends for tea break. And that's all. Oh yea, later in the morning i'll go and get flowers for my dearest Papa.
I would like to thank relatives and friends for their love. Thanks so much for all your love gifts, farewell meals, gifts and surprised gifts like cupcakes from zaza (check out zaza's blog on 9th Sept, http://rafeeza.blogspot.com/) and susu lembu. i really appreciate all your love. In a nutshell, i think God's timing has been good. i managed to do most of the visitings that i planned to do before i came back to Penang. In a nutshell, i think i've closed some chapters in my life and i've said goodbye to my loved ones, relatives and friends.
Take care!!!

4 Comments:

  • You are about to open a new chapter in your life. Take care and have a safe trip. Will post more of Baby's pic for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Sep 21, 05:26:00 PM 2006  

  • By the way 'toe nail' is Doreen Yeoh :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Sep 21, 05:28:00 PM 2006  

  • Thanks Doreen for your comments!
    yea, i'm looking forward to my new chapter! i pray that it's gonna be an interesting chapater. But it's a challenging chapter as well. I keep on telling myself that i can do all things thru Christ who strengthen me! yes, i can do it!

    By Blogger InfanT, At Thu Sep 21, 09:27:00 PM 2006  

  • Teh O Ais...

    Very soon you are leaving for UK. Take very good care of yourself. Gonna miss you lots, especially our lunch sessions, gossipping sessions, photo sessions.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sun Sep 24, 03:03:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home