Meerkat On the LookOUT

Sunday, October 22, 2006

One month has passed...
This is the 4th week i've been here in Portsmouth. Talking about the beginning of this week, Sunday...i managed to get to King's church with Bel. I love the church and there were young people and families there. I was grateful that i stood in the congregation and worshipped God in truth and in spirit. There was a lunch fellowship after the church, Bel and i had the lunch and we managed to taste all the English food prepared by the church members. I really loved the chocolate cakes. The night before the church, i told Bel that i wanna stop eating chocolate because i find myself addicted to chocolates. I can't live without chocolates!!! Anyway, we had good lunch and we knew a few people in the church. We met one Australian who just came to Portsmouth for more than 1 month and she has been attending this church as well. I told her i'll see her after my trip to York. It so happened that she's gonna be away to Wales as well. Hence, we're gonna see each other when we come back from our trips respectively.
The whole of this week was very hectic for me as i tried to read as much as possible to prepare myself for the trip. Unfortunately, i was down with fever from sunday night until Tuesday. Thanks so much Andrew for your prayer and keeping me company at night! I think those who know me well know that i have tummy problem. So, the usual thing happened. Whenever my flu or fever comes, the gastric problem also comes along. Thank god, i'm well now and i managed to do the last bit of reading before end of the week. Thank god for listening to our prayers and Thank god for Your healing hands.
Oh yea, again..thanks to Andrew! He set up the video conference in the church and I attent the FMC overnight prayer! thanks to Skype also, because it's FOC! I managed to follow most of the worship sessions except the first worship session. I missed it! i really love the songs that the worship leaders chose. Some of the lyrics of the worship songs also hit me. i do believe that sometimes God speaks to me via songs. The happiest thing is i could see my churchmates...HweeiMin, i miss ya so much! Also, my badminton mates...and my YEH YEH! i'm really glad!
It's a saturday night and all the gals in my flat are out. tonight's got the Freshies Ball. it costs 15 pounds per person! According to my flatmate, it seems that there are more gals than guys going. i guess they'll know better after they get tehre. I saw them before they left for the party, they are so gorgeous!!!
I've packed my luggage for my trip and it's gonna take 6 hours to travel from Portsmouth to York. I need to catch the earliest train before 9am. Anyway, i've just made an appointment to meet up with Andy in King's cross to have lunch before i travel up north. I hope i'll be able to enjoy myself there and build up some network in my research area, knowing more people.
Before i forget, Happy Deepavali and Selamat Hari Raya! I know that everyone back in Malaysia is having a long break, Happy Holidays and have a good rest!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home