Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hope vs disappointment
What happen when we're given hope? +ve hope to be exact. we feel happy, we are thankful to God that He gives us hope and He provides the hope for us.
What happen when we're disappointed? we are sad. some of us might feel lost! there was once that i was so disappointed on things that happened to me, but i can't remember what was it about. I only remember what Hweei Min has taught me 'Don't put hope on men, but put hope on God'. i'd really love this advice. At the end of the day, i know that i've got no idea why i was so disappointed but i learned to put more faith in God. Thanks Hweei Min for giving me this advice. Ps 130:5 says 'I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word i put my hope'.
On Sunday, i went to church and the pastor mentioned 'FAITH' and 'PATIENCE'. These two words really hit me and all these while i know that i'm still lack of faith and patience in many situations. i find that in many many situations, the root cause of being disappointed is lack of faith and patience. Let me elaborate a bit. When we do not have enough faith in Him, we have negative thoughts and things will not work out. Why don't we seek His will and we commit it to Him? i believe that He knows me better than myself, He knows what are the things we can face and what are the things that we cannnot face and He will send people to help us. At times, things happen might make us happy and satisfy us, ultimately we have to ask ourselves 'is this what God wants me to do? is this what i deserve?' NO matter what we do on this earth, we wanna do it for Him and Him alone. We want to glorify His name. We do not live based on anyone's expectations, but we want to be a person that He wants us to be.
So, i pray that i'll be more patient and dear Lord teach me to have more faith in You. You're the only one that i'll worship in my entire life. Thank god that i came to know You Lord.
*i hope that friends that read this blog will get more encouragement via this post!*
With a thankful heart,
fern

1 Comments:

  • fern.... what suddenly talk about hope vs disappointment? hmm.. somemore don't put hope on men... :p anyway.. i agree... but i put hope on myself.. :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wed Nov 15, 09:49:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home