Meerkat On the LookOUT

Saturday, December 09, 2006

End of Autumn semester
Next week is the final week of AuTuMn sem. Every student is busy with assignments because the datelines are next week. 3000 words essay ... presentation ...
As for me, there's no such thing like assignment to be handed in next week. i need to carry out my work every day. Once i finish a task, i move onto another task, keep on reminding myself that i need to finish this entire course within 3 years. i can only afford to put in 3 years. Another colleague came in two days back and gave us some encouragement 'guys, life is on hold for this 3 years!! work harder!' i turned to him and said 'No...things run in parallel! Nothing is on hold.'
Yea, i believe in things running in parallel. It does not mean that you have to put on hold your life to work on something. Yes, we commit ourselves in jobs, family and others. Nevertheless, it does not mean that you don't work on others. We work on priorities in our lives. Which one comes first? God? work? family ? dad? mom? husband? boyfriend? sista?
In the midst of doing my work at times, i'd just like to pick up the phone and listen to the voices of my loved ones. I'm not sure how much impact it has on everyone? but, it has a great impact on me. i like to send MMS to my mom so that she knows i've got fatter or thinner? more pimples on my face due to the stress? sometimes, i'd just like to call up and say 'Hey, apa buat?' There was once, she said 'wrong number!' then i said 'Heylor, can't u recognise your daughter's voice?' She started laughing. 'hahahahha, mana saya tahu, i don't have malay friends that will call my house number' i also like to cerita with Auntie Yap on the phone. She tells me stories and get me updated what happen at home.
Anyway, by next saturday, the entire hall will be so quiet and i shall live in peace. The lonely sole in flat unit 7-17. All local students will be leaving for home on friday and saturday. Everyone is so excited and there are chirstmas decorations in the kitchens. As for me, my last day of work will be 21st and i'll start packing on 21st evening. i'm not sure i'll be able to get to sleep. Then i shall travel to london on 22nd...i can't wait for the day to come...
there's this christmas song goes like 'Now, this is the time of the year...' We've been singing it so many times in the kitchen when we cook in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home