Meerkat On the LookOUT

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Foreign languages

Recently, i found out that I might need to consider to learn foreign languages.

Due to the current job scope, I conduct global research and I need to speak with people from Korea, Japan, Germany, France, etc...

I've encountered a few times when people just put down my phone once they heard me saying 'Good morning, may i speak with xxx?'

I can't blame them because they do not understand what I say.

I remember I called up a university in Taiwan. A girl picked up the phone, after hearing me speaking, she said 'hang on'. Guess what happened?
She put down the phone and shouted in mandarin, 'someone speaks english on the phone? How? How? Someone has to go and answer the phone...How?' Her voice was like a little girl running to the parents for help. Finally, a woman picked up my call and attent to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home