Meerkat On the LookOUT

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I've lost my VOICE - Part II

My boss from Chennai pinged me via SameTime. Her name is Veda, but she's a mother to me at work. So, i call her Mama Veda.
So, this is the conversation we had:-

Mama Veda: Hello Fern
Fern: Yes, Veda?
Mama Veda: Can you call me now? Have some query on your write ups.
Fern: Hmmm, i can't call you today. Because i lost my voice.
Mama Veda: What? You're not well?
Fern: Yea, bad flu, sore throat.
Mama Veda: Did you see doc? Oh my god!
Fern: No voice, can't talk today.

First time in my life, i rejected my boss's request.
I've never said a 'no' to any of my bosses before. i always say 'Yes, sir!' especially to my demanding ex-supervisor in Portsmouth.

Mama Veda: Why don't you talk to Vijay and rest at home?
Fern: It's ok. I lost my voice but my hands can work.
Mama Veda: Appreciate your commitment in your work.

Ops... I've never expected this. I didn't want stay home and do nothing. I don't want to spread my germs to Kapitan Yap because he's going to Cambodia on Thursday for mission trip.


Till 4.06pm, I've used up half a box of 170 sheets of Scott tissue paper.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home