Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

'CAN DO' attitude

In your opininion, what is 'can do' attitude?
This became our lunch topic yesterday when one of my colleagues mentioned that my BIG boss always looks for people with 'can do' attitude.
I was thinking if someone who's really good in marketing himself/herself, he/she can give a perception to the boss that she/he has the 'CAN DO' attitude.
To me, 'everything is possible, just the matter of time.' This is what i learned from my Agilent ex- boss. This is very true and i've experienced it many times in my life. When i'm given a new research topic to work on, it's really to get it started. Can you imagine how you try to start an old car with an old engine? That's what i meant. After sometimes when i've learned the buzz words and get to know a few researchers in that research area, i start to exchange ideas with resaerchers and speak with them. So, it's possible...but, need sometime..
We can work out things, in other words, 'Can do'. But, the question is whether you've done it well or not? To what extend you've done?
Because I can claim that i've finished certain tasks, my boss may say 'good!' or 'i think there's a bit more you can improve upon'. Everyone has different background and we look at things rather different, i reckon.
This happens especially in research, there's no boundary on the research you conduct, a researcher must learn to draw a line and says 'I've decided to draw a line after i reach this, not going further than this.' This is what i learned from my professor when i worked on my Master degree individual project.
So, come back to the 'Can do' attitude. I think one must have faith, things can turn out pretty well. And...be patient + be positive +work smart in everything we do.
Phil 4:13 I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me

1 Comments:

  • In our early days in our relationship, I always say, "can do" while mike would keep quiet and observe first. Some how over the years, Mike is now always the "can do" part in our life-long partnership. I am the one who always go,"ermm...".

    By Blogger Moomykin, At Sat Sep 29, 01:07:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home