Meerkat On the LookOUT

Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes? Yes. Yes!

Yes? This is applied when you ask question. To me, I apply it when friends ping me on MSN.
A: Hi!
F: Yes?
In other words, anything that I can help?

Yes. This is a firm answer and it’s a sign that you agree with the other party.

Yes! This is applied when you’re totally agree with someone, a very firm one. Yes! Yes!

However, during pre-marital counseling, I came to know that sometimes a ‘Yes’ is not a ‘Yes’. For example, this happens in situation when the wife is so sad and in order to make the wife feels better, the husband says ‘yes. Yes.’ In fact, this ‘Yes’ is not a TRUE and SECERE yes. It’s a ‘yes’ to make her feel better.

Personally, I always want to make my Yes a Yes, No is a No. And I’m still learning to say ‘No’ sometimes. Lord give me the courage to say ‘No’ and say it appropriately that I won’t hurt anyone. I’m aware of the consequences if the Yes is not sincere, because the person who said a ‘yes’ previously have to do what he/she has promised and agreed with, if the person can’t do it, sorry to say that you’re in big trouble, either you start creating stories or make your lives more miserable.

Matthew 5:37 says ‘Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home