Meerkat On the LookOUT

Friday, March 21, 2008

Moving forward

I’ve just got back from hometown.

It was a family event

I came to realize a few things in my life on the trip and after the trip.

Pleasing people is the criteria to be a good and obedient girl?

What will happen if we need to please everyone?

Should we set priority to only please our immediate family or extended family?

What’s the definition of being a good and obedient girl?

Everyone has different standard and how am I going to make everyone happy?

Or should I just ignore their advice and do what I can? But, to what extend?

The sanguine Tengku Mahkota told me not to worry, just let it be.

I guess I’ve come to a point in my life that I’m sick of pleasing people.

I need to control my brain not to think further than what I can’t afford to bear. What happens in me reflects on Tengku Mahkota.

I shall not be selfish.

I shall be bold to tell people in the polite way that I can’t do this and I can’t do that.

More importantly, tell them ‘Don’t put hope on me, put hope on God’

Personally, I’m all open for advice and discussion. But, people have been taking advantage, the discussion has turned out to be instructions.

Few years back, I thought staying away from the people creating problems to me is a solution.

Apparently, it is not a solution.

The only solution is praying.

I’ve been praying I will take things easy and I want to live according to God’s standard. If the advice that come to my ears have substance, I’ll listen. Other than that, I will not put myself into so much of stress. I want to live longer and spend more quality time with my loved ones.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home