Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Talk

When is the right time to talk?

Talk. Speak. Share.

Which is the right word?

Talk as in sharing the personal problem that you have. Good news are good to share with others to encourage ppl.

Some people find that talking can help to release their stress and tension.

When is the right time to talk?

How to express yourself?

I have a few friends that we always discuss about what’s the best way to talk. Sometime when we identify a problem, but the person whom you want to talk to may not agree with the problem that you find it’s a problem.

As for me, once I identify that it is a problem, I like to take sometime to think about it and make sure what I say will not hurt people. What does God want me to do? Why am I involved in this situation? I pray for wisdom. One of my friends said that ‘Fern, you’re very diplomatic’.

In many occasions, God spoke with me in the past and He really lifted me up. I’m very thankful because He again and again proved to me that He listens.

Am I a diplomatic person? I like to speak with the person when he/she is calm, has open ears to listen. Not the time when he/she is so upset and mad. I find that it is useless to talk to someone when he/she is not ready to listen, it’s better for me to ‘energy saving’.

Many years ago, I used to get tight feeling in my throat and change of voice when I speak. This usually happens when I encounter stress. The only person that recognizes the change of voice and discomfort of my throat will be my dearest Mrs Ko. She is my mother and forever she’s a mother that understands me despite I’ve left home for 10 over years. I constantly update my mom what’s happening in my life and vice versa. I once went for Goiter test when my family doctor noticed my swollen neck. My parents got so worried and thank God the test came out to be –ve. Since the incident, my mother encouraged me to talk to her whenever there’s a problem. My nanny once told my mother that I like to keep things to myself. I guess it’s pretty true. I’m a thinker, I like to think about it. But, some ppl may not like it, they want straight/ non-filter opinion.

In fact, I’d like to share/talk, but just don’t know when will be the right time to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home