Meerkat On the LookOUT

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Serving Him

I've been praying hard very hard these couple days due to Tengku Mahkota’s works. I came to realize nothing is impossible as long as we continue to look up to our Abba Father. I just want to grow closer with Him and serve Him.

On my last trip to Penang, I was very surprised to see my beloved sister in Christ, Ruth, turned up in the church for 1st service.

I was excited because I haven’t seen her for ages. Then I asked ‘Where’s your son? Benjamin?’
Guess what she said ?
‘No, I just came in to “catch” two persons, I’m going home and then coming back to church to attend 2nd service’

This incident has stroke me that we must serve God as long as we can.

Ruth, who is 6 months pregnant, never ceased to serve Him. She purposely got up early just to pass some papers on church matters to church mates. I came to realize “God never stopped watching over us, protect us. Why do we want to choose our own sweet time to serve Him only when we’re free?”
I shared this with Andrew again and again because of this incident.

I pray that I can serve Him as long as I can. Going to Sunday school on every Sunday has become our habit. It has registered into our mind that we must get up by 8.10am every Sunday. The only day that we can rest is Saturday when we can sleep till 9am. Again, I also noticed Ruth also plays the piano in the church and another ex-housemate of mine in Penang started to worship lead again after delivering the baby. These women are so committed to God and they set good examples to young women like me. And mind you, they're not old. They're around my age as well.

1 Comments:

  • Do what you can while you can. Different seasons calls for different commitments to the Lord.
    For us now, as Dr. Chew said to me, my boys are now my ministry.

    By Blogger Moomykin, At Wed Jul 30, 02:56:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home