Meerkat On the LookOUT

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Oink-oink pie


I'm so sad to hear that Irish pork has toxin contamination

Oh dear, no more oink-oink pie for Christmas??!!!

Tengku Mahkota and I were introduced to Oink-oink pie when we celebrated Christmas in London. It's pretty nice to eat even though personally I don't fancy pork most of the time. 

I'm pretty fussy when it comes to pork. I don't enjoy the suckling pig that restaurants serve during wedding dinner because I find that oink-oink smell is too strong even though Tengku Mahkota always tells me 'it's crispy'.  Too bad, I don't like the taste. Permaisuri Yap asked me to try at the cousin's wedding the other day. Guess what i did? I put so much of black sweet-sweet sauce to cover the oink-oink smell. At the end of the day, i said 'I don't know what's the taste, i know it's sweet' That's it. Don't ask me to try that suckling pig again. 

For Cantonese folks during wedding, the bride's family will ask for a suckling pig. This is done to recognise that the bride is a virgin. Being a Hokkien and I've never came to know pig is so important in Cantonese culture. Then I came to learn that why restaurant serves suckling pig during chinese wedding dinner in this busy land. 

Back to my oink oink topic, now i miss the Char Siew Bao in the Sunday market. IT's sooooo sedaaaaaaap. The gravy of that Char Siew Bao is so rich. I've started to wonder is it due to the sugar content in the gravy that makes it so sedaaaaaaaaaaap? Anyway, eat in moderation and that's healthy lifestyle we should have in our daily lives. 

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home