Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Being together...

Being a married woman, I always seek advice from Tengku Mahkota whenever a decision has to be made. During my singlehood day, I led a single life, I just do anything I like. But, I was taught a simple word of advice from Mrs KO before I left home after Secondary Five 'You can do anything you want, be wise and be responsible. Bear all consequences'. Do you know how POWERFUL is this advice?

Yes, it's SUPER powerful. Indeed, I agree with my mother. She gives me the freedom since I left home. I remember this advice until today and I apply it whenever I need to make a decision. For examples, friend asks me out to go for movie at night. Then I start thinking about 'if i get home late, will it be dangerous?' 'When's the latest time i'll get home?' looking at the negative side if the worst scenario happens, 'what happens if my car breaks down at 12am on a highway? who should i call?' From the questions i raise, i consider myself as a person who does not take risk. That's why I hardly go movies during uni days, my job was just study and study. Such a nerd. I admit it. 

Anyway, back to the subject. Now i'm married. Things are different. Someone is there to share my thoughts and burden. Someone to give me a different idea. Yea, I have someone these days to go out for movies at night, but not so late, no midnight movies. Whenever it comes to where to eat, we'll discuss about it even though i'm given the priviledge to make the final decision. 

Just imagine, one day, Tengku Mahkota has to be away for a few days or even a few months to work. What'll happen to me? My life will be back to singlehood life. He asked me this question a couple of months back. We were talking everything under the sky. This is one of the questions.

How am i gonna cope with my life if he has to work in other places? First answer that came to my mind was 'i won't get a chance to discuss with you where i can go for dinner?' I need to make my own decision. Bear all consequences. I came to realise I'll be alright as long as there is Internet Broadband. I can go online, chat with my friends since I have friends in various places across the globe. If i can't sleep, i can talk to friends in UK. If i get up early, i can talk to friends in Australia. Shouldn't be a problem. I can blog, surf net, online chatting, you-tubing and others. Tengku Mahkota said 'I think you can't leave a day without Internet'. yea yea yea...Also, I can practise my violin, reading, and others.

I think i'll be alright. I appreciate his presence. I appreciate when we have the chance to spend time together, hand-in-hand strolling down the road... Maybe we were separated for months when i was away, we appreciate when we're living under the same roof, at the same place and  country, in the same space and time domains. I'm thankful. 

2 Comments:

  • Somehow, when you have been pampered with the constant presence of the one you love and who loves you, it's just not the same reverting back to being "single" again.

    Yeah, you can do all those things to fill up time and space, but it's just not as complete.

    Stay in love.
    ;)

    By Blogger Moomykin, At Wed Jan 21, 04:18:00 PM 2009  

  • Yea, i agree with you, Kin.

    By Blogger InfanT, At Thu Jan 22, 09:39:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home