Meerkat On the LookOUT

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blessed Chinese New Year

I think I should've wished everyone earlier, instead of now.

Today's the 3rd day of Chinese New Year. Tengku Mahkota and I are back to work. We enjoy the smooth traffic when people are on holidays and we're taking our own sweet time to get to work. We don't have to get up before 6am. 

This morning...
TM: Wakey...wakey... 
Me: okok...what time is it now?
TM: 5 mins to 7am?
Me: *Got up immediately* WHOT?! * i need to get into office by 8am.
TM: Don't worry...
We left home around 7.10am.

True enough, the traffic was so good. Thank God for that. I reckon most of the people are still back in hometown, enjoying the Chinese New Year with extended family and friends. The chinese schools are closed. 

TM and I have made our strategies. Don't extend your holidays after the public holidays, go to work, enjoy the smooth traffic. Take holidays when most people are back to work. 

Yea, I'm the only chinese in my department who is back to work today. My holidays will start this Friday till next Wednesday. Hoooooray! We're going back to turtle island to spend quality time with Mrs KO. Our reunion dinner is this friday. Mrs Ko said our reunion dinner does not happen once a year, it happens every 1.5 months or 2 months when we travel up north. Does not matter it's gonna be reunion dinner or lunch or breakfast. 

I'm counting my blessing one by one, to be able to spend time with my loved ones, have fellowships with friends and family and have good meals during this festive season. 

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home