Meerkat On the LookOUT

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Blessed new year

Tengku Mahkota and I had 10 day breaks from christmas till new year. We didn't do much except sleeping and eating. Now, i'm pretty convinced that I've put on weight after jumping onto the weighing scale. So, i'm working hard to lose some weight and get back to my preferred weight.

On the Christmas day, I led the worship in church and I found out that I chose the wrong song 'We're the reason', not because of the song, but the pitch is way tooooo high and I requested the entire worship team to back me up. After church, we came home andi helped Permaisuri Yap to cook and prepare the Christmas dinner. To be more precise, the Asian Christmas dinner, unlike in overseas we have turkeys and more western food. Over here, we had fried bee hoon, the roasted ducks were good and others.

Then we had prize giving for the yap family golf contest. Tengku Mahkota won some Tesco Vouchers and me, being the non-golfer, I was qualified for the lucky draw. Before Christmas day, i've told Permaisuri Yap that I want Jacob. Finally, my name was called when i was busy doing the washing in the kitchen. I was given Jacob, Sunquick, oats and tea bags. I've got more than I wanted, thank god for that.

After the Christmas, we made a short tip to Singapore with Mrs Ko. We spent time with my 3rd uncle's family in Singapore, visiting my cousins' places and went around to fill our tummy. We went in and out restaurant for lunch and dinner. This contributes to my extra weight that I earned from my trip. The hakka dinner was fantastic with the yam paste dessert. I love it. Not only that, Uncle Yeao and Aunty Diana brought us to have cantonese dinner. Tengku Mahkota who does not like to eat crab, now he has turned out to be COLD crab lover. For me, I enjoyed the fish skin dug into the soup. The dinner was good  and we managed to catch up a bit. Before we left, Tengku Mahkota was shocked to find out that 5 ppl consumed 2 bottle of wine over the dinner. 

Now, I'm back to work. Taking a slow start and staying close to God. continue to seek His will in this new year and praying for direction especially for my career.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home