Meerkat On the LookOUT

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Personal Branding

I've just came across an article 'The Rise of Personal Branding'. According to the article, Linkedin is one of the sites that allows users to build their personal profile. Personally, i created an account not long ago. I read some of the profiles of several users who put in all their job descriptions of their current and past jobs. No  doubt, Linkein provides some job opportunities indirectly if someone finds that your job experience matches their requirement. 

I think twice when I wanted to cut and paste my updated CV into my Linkein. The reason behind is I don't want my immediate boss or colleagues to find out that 'Oh...she's looking for job'. I don't think i'm desperate to leave my job at this moment or I need personal branding so urgently. 

Anyway, is personal branding necessary? I reckon to a certain extend, we need personal branding. Recruitment agents like Jobstreet and Monster allow on recruiters and headhunters to  tap into Jobstreet and Monster database to peep for potential candidate profiles. The advantage of Jobstreet and Monster is only recruiters ( i reckon they pay a big sum to Jobstreet & MOnster) are given the approval or rights to view candidate profiles. 

In the midst of economic crisis, I'm thankful that I have a job with stable income everymonth. Despite the fact that there are rumours here and there every now and then, I put my hope in the Lord Jesus and I know He's with me whenever He wants me to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home