Meerkat On the LookOUT

Friday, February 06, 2009

Commit to God

During my visit to Turtle Island, i spoke a lot about God with my families. I realized it is not easy to say 'Commit to God'. In fact, a person has to experience God and come to say this. As for me, since i received salvation, i prayed, i went thru the ups and downs. I trust in the Lord now, I do my best and leave the rest to God. But, this may not be the case for non-christians.

Before a person knows a person, he/she needs to spend time to understand God. To experience God to be exact. To experience His love, grace and mercy. To pray. To study His promises.

As for me, I went thru so much over the years. At the end, I understand that God has control over my life. I shall leave it to Him. Let him take control. Stay close with Him. Obey Him. No matter how much plan i can have, He knows what's best for us. I cannot see the entire picture, He has bigger pictures and plans for me. He provides things that I can bear, He will not leave me. Hence, I always tell myself 'Don't worry, let's pray about it, commit it to God'. Matthew 6:34 says 'do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. there is no need to add to the troubles each day brings'

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.

The promise comes in next verse ->
Matthew 7:8 For every who asks will receive, and anyone who seeks will find, and the door will be opened to him who knocks.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home