Meerkat On the LookOUT

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not flexible HR rules

I wonder how great if I could choose to work from home. 

I'm so afraid to cough so much so that I try to drink water to make sure my throat does not feel irritated. According to Wikipedia, cough, in medicine, is a sudden and often repetitively occurring defense reflex which helps to clear the large breathing passages from excess secretions, irritants, foreign particles and microbes. I can imagine that the irritants in my throat is trying to have some stretchings (just like us every morning trying to get out from the bed) and hence it makes me want to cough and cough. *So comical*

Anyway, I've been using a handkerchief to cover my mouth whenever I cough. I seriously don't want any colleagues to get infected. I've suffered the worst sore throat in my life in the last few nights and I don't want anyone to experience that. I'm also slightly 'anti-social', instead of going lunch with my colleagues, I've chose to pack lunch and ate in cubicle. Moreover, I reduce my daily conversation opportunities with my teammates. I ping and send messages to them via the internal messaging system even though they're just one or two cubicles away from me. 

Let's day dream if I could work from home:-
I'll get up by 8am. Oats and milo for breakfast. Check my emails. I shall start working till 10.30am. Have a short break, practise my violin or take a short nap. Then continue to work. more importantly, I can turn on my classical music  to provide me some inspirations on my write up. Grab a quick lunch like sandwiches or some noodle. I don't bother to cook and spend 30 mins in the kitchen. I just want somethign to fill my tummy and a hot drink! After lunch, I'll continue to work and take breaks in between till 5pm.

I think I would perform better if I could work from home without anyone disturbs me, just like the movie -- home alone. In fact, it does not make any difference for me to work in the office or home simply because i report to a boss who is not sharing the same office as me, all my teammates are not in this office. I'm just a slave and I don't discuss my work with anyone here. My boss knows my mobile phone and she can call my mobile phone whenever she needs me or we can chat via internal messaging system. 

But in the midst of economics recession, I shall be thankful that I have a job. I shouldn't rant. Alright, I shall get back to work despite the fact htat 

4 Comments:

  • you posted the same thing few months ago i tink, when u had cough.. about eating alone...

    or isit me dejavu-ing ??

    hmm.. neways.. why u cough o.. let me explain.. CEH WAH... haha.. It's upper respiratory tract infection ( i think) coz ur nose block, then u needa breath thru ur mouth, then coz ur office cold rite? so there is reduction in the warming of the air inhaled, then there's cooling of ur airways, so it irritates ur throat lo.. so u cough lo..

    haha, try some lozenges to soothe ur throat.. and good idea to drink loads of water.. :) get well soon fern~ :)

    By Blogger mil0chel, At Tue Mar 17, 08:36:00 PM 2009  

  • milochel: that's sooooo true. my office is cold and i feel dizzy after i cough everytime. yea, the doc gave me lozenges. But, i just dunch like the taste.

    By Blogger InfanT, At Wed Mar 18, 08:42:00 AM 2009  

  • homemaker! :D

    By Blogger john doe, At Wed Mar 18, 09:41:00 AM 2009  

  • I was born in the year of monkey, i'm very restless, I cannot stay home all day long waiting for tengku mahkota to come home.

    By Blogger InfanT, At Wed Mar 18, 09:55:00 AM 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home