Meerkat On the LookOUT

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Tengku Mahkota was on night shift started from Saturday till Thursday. His working was 8pm till 6am. Can you imagine how tired was his body everyday and he basically had to make rounds in the hospital in the wee hour whereas I tucked in the comfortable sheet?

Due to his night shift, we have adjusted our schedule. It started off on the first night that I sent him to work by 7.30pm. Then, I got up at 5.45am and went to pick him around 6.30am. It took us 10mins from his hospital to get to my office, that was the 10mins that we catch up with each other. Since the day was too young to go my office, we basically talked abit more until 7am. Then, he drove the car home to rest. We took turns to warm the bed. This reminds of the Indian waiters in my workplace, wherein since these Indians come from India to make money and they're on shift in 24 hour Mamak restaurants, two people will share a bed. When one goes to bed, the other goes to work and vice versa. I can't help but comparing Tengku Mahkota and I with the Mamak waiters. In the evening, he'll come and pick me from work and I drop him to work again.

I got myself really tired and went to bed straight. Yea, I miss the time when we read His words and pray for each other every night. It was really tough when I see him for that average 15mins in the morning and 25mins in the evening (due to traffic jam). What can we share more? Absence makes the heart grow fonder. One thing I'm really thankful is my lovely parents in law. Kapitan Yap got up 5.50am every morning to unlock the gates and doors for me. Permaisuri Yap also got to wake up early to see me going off to work, locked the doors and so on. In the evening, they waited for me to have dinner. One of the nights, I got home at 8.05pm due to massive jam, I felt so touched when I was told 'Let's have dinner!' I quickly changed to a short and had dinner. Thank god for a wonderful family I'm in and for having such lovely parents in law. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home