Meerkat On the LookOUT

Friday, July 17, 2009

Reminders

Do you think everyone needs reminders?

Personally, I'm the kind of person who needs reminders. I need to get reminded or if there's something important that I need to remember, I'll jot it down before my mind gets distracted and I forget about it. Thanks to diary and auto reminders integrated into our Email application.

But, the question remains, am I not using my brain enough? Am I not fully utilizing it? At times, I can remember it even before my calendar's auto reminder alerts me. I notice I'm not good in words, but I can remember stories better because I change the stories into pictures. A picture speaks a thousand words! Yes, picture is better. I remember when I was in uni, my professor always asked me to draw the circuit out instead of reading it for more than 3 times. Once you get the figure out, it's easier to understand it and picture it. I totally agree with him.

Yes, I'm in the process of learning to fully utilizing my brain fully. In other words, I try to pay utmost attention when I'm in the meeting. I reduce my usual exercise in taking notes but staring at the person who's talking and change it to story. I'm still learning hard to train myself in this area. Determination is required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home